Obstetrics And Gynaecology
Delivery expulsion or extraction of the child and fetal membranes at birth.
• Abdominal delivery - delivery of an infant through an incision made into the intact uterus through the abdominal wall.
• Breech delivery - delivery in which the fetal buttocks present first.
• forceps delivery - extraction of the child from the maternal passages by application of forceps to the fetal head; designated low or midforceps delivery according to the degree of engagement of the fetal head and high when engagement has not occurred.
• Postmortem delivery - delivery of a child after death of the mother.
• Spontaneous delivery - birth of an infant without any aid from an attendant.